Thursday, June 7, 2007

Is It a Gift?

I was told by many people in the lab that Tim is an amazing writer. Now I have my own experience for it.

Yesterday morning I got an E-mail from Tim attached with several re-written paragraphs for my draft. It is really really really good, especially compared to what I wrote. Chat with Paul this afternoon on this. Paul said Tim is the best writer he has ever seen. I asked if it is a gift? Paul paused a while, and answered "I think so."

Sometimes it is like an insight that make you capable seeing something else cannot see. Or it is similar to the ability which make you always know how to describe it procisely, concisely, and keep the elegance at the same time.

After all, although writing skill can be polished by pratice and time, talent must play an important role in it also.

No comments: