Friday, September 14, 2007

What A Weekend for Boston !

What a weekend!

Starting from today, the TGIF, the well-known evil New York Yankees are coming to bean town for the last 3-game rematch with our beloved Red Sox.

Both teams are pretty much guaranteed for their playoff spots, but as you know, the long-time rivalry between these two always make you excited.

There are two 18-win pitchers in MLB right now, Beckett in Red Sox and Chien-Ming Wang in Yankees. They are going to face each other in the second game on Saturday 3:30pm. Fox will do a Nationwide broadcast.

I am kind of sick of the "glory of Taiwan" stuff, saying every Taiwanese should support Wang. Wang is playing for the Yankees and of course I wish he loses every game he starts. That is nothing to do with patriotism.

Just try to answer this simple question. Will all New Yorkers root for Beckett in that game just because it is an American (Beckett) against a non-American (Wang) ???

There will be only one 19-win pitcher after this Saturday.

And it will be Beckett.

And, SD Chargers is coming for revenge this Sunday. After the videotaping-gate, this game is a must-win for Patriots, to defend their reputation. Again, a can't-miss game, Sunday 8:15pm NBC.

After the spying stuff, I have to break my prediction. Patriots take this one. Chargers and LT will be beat badly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am kind of sick of the "glory of Taiwan" stuff, saying every Taiwanese should support Wang. Wang is playing for the Yankees and of course I wish he loses every game he starts. That is nothing to do with patriotism."

A lot of times, I really think you take those stuff too seriously. Even though we do not have to support Wang just because of Taiwanese identity, saying that you want him to lose every game he starts is too extreme.

Of course, as a Bostonian, you may say you want all Yankee pitchers have terrible innings, but being so specific to Wang is just another kind of identity sickness.

-Ting

Red said...

No, that is not true. I do want all Yankees picthers lose all game they have.

"Wang is playing for the Yankees and of course I wish he loses every game he starts. That is nothing to do with patriotism."

From which point you think I am specific to Wang and it relates to "identity" ??

I shall say it in this way - I wish he loses because he pitches for Yankees and he is against the Red Sox.

If Wang plays for another team against Yankees, I will cheer for him. I will even happier if he plays for the Red Sox. But since right now he is in Yankees' uniform, it is a no brainer I want him to lose every game. It is to all Yankees' pitcher, not specific to Wang.

Tons of Taiwanese Yankees fan claim and consider Wang is the real ace in Yankees. But is he? I will say the answer is no. A CY picther? Hell no. He is a good pitcher without any doubt. But still not among the best ones.

Bottom line, It is not me who thinks Wang is speical.