Friday, September 28, 2007

Abnova Part IV

I received my free anti-cep55 antibody from Abnova and did some tests on it. It indeed works for immunofluorescence. Great!

I wrote back to Abnova saying we are happy to share our images with them if interesed. Then I got another good news, they are gonna send me two anti-kif15 antibodies which I am dying to have right now.

Okay, maybe not as much as dying, I am extremely interested in it for some wild ideas. If it works and the result fits our expectation, we definetely will order it from Abnova. Then it will be a win-win situation.

I guess this is the last post in the Abnova thread, unless they are willing to send me more sample antibodies in the future (which I secretly hope so).

Abnova is a nice company with great customer service - my conclusion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try my a01 again. But in case I may need to try m01, how much do you have or is possible to share?

-Ting

Red said...

I don't have m01. I only have a01.

I told Abnova there is a paper using their a01 for immunofluorescence. So they gave me the a01 for trial.

The a01 works in my hands with MeOH or formaldehyde fixation.

pure MeOH > -20'C 3min
3.7% formaldehyde > room-temp 10min

no pre-perm in both fixations.

Red said...

BTW, I am a question.

Fang said Cep55 goes to the midbody through MKLP1 binding. Why the black zone is still there if PRC1- or MKLP1-siRNA is applied?