Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Abnova Part II

I have to admit Abnova did an outstanding job on their customer service. I am very happy and have a very good impression on them.

Apparently someone in Abnova found my blog and realized I am the person who inquired the anti-Cep55 antibodies (should I feel upset that I lost my secret identity under the codename "Red"? Every superhero owns a secret identity...)

Unfortunately that person misunderstood my post and thought I didn't get their reply. Hence I was contacted by their customer service again, by email last night.

The answer is they have no knowledge on if their anti-Cep55 antibodies work for immunofluorescence or not. However, for serving their customer, to let me do some tests, they are willing to give me the antibody for free.

Geez, I am really impressed! I don't think there will be any antibody company can do a better job than Abnova. Hope they can do well for a long long time.

Good job, Abnova.

--
BTW, talking about free samples, Mirus is trying to challenge Fugene-6, and they are giving away a 100ul sample for free.

I signed up and got my free sample the next day, by UPS!

The price is cheaper and the efficiency is indeed equal or even better than Fugene-HD on my hands. I think some of you might be interested in it.

5 comments:

Red said...

I just got the confirmation email from Abnova.

The free sample is 50ul with additional $20 packing fee and $20 handling fee, plus the FedEx shipping on me.

Hmm... not as great as I thought, but still a good deal.

It seems they will only generate the antibody after I confirm it. I think it is reasonable for charging handling fee.

But what is packing fee? I have never gone through any financial stuff about purchase. Is that common to be charged those fees for buying antibody?

I am also curious about whether free sample is a common policy in Abnova, or my case is just a speical one.

Anonymous said...

Well,

If I knew they have so considerate, I should ask for free Cep55 testing sample first just like when I fight with santa cruz.....

-Ting

Red said...

Oh! So there are indeed other company willing to give free sample for testing?

Santa Cruz?? What a surprise!

Anonymous said...

Red,

I am sorry that yesterday when I had time to pack your stuff I realized Fedex guy already left. Since the antibody is only need to be kept at -20C and you will come to MIT at Mon, I can bring them to you.

Sorry!

-Ting

Red said...

It's okay.

So you will be there too? How can we meet over there then?