Thursday, July 19, 2007

Superman

Since I showed you the song about "Superwoman" yesterday, how can I not show you the song about "Superman"?

I bet you heard this song before. Yeah, it is the theme from "Scrubs". It is funny that two songs are so similar but in opposed gender positions.



Superman - Lazlo Bane

Out the door just in time \ Head down the 405 \ Gotta meet the new boss by 8 a.m. \ The phone rings in the car \ The wife is workin' hard \ She's running late tonight again

Well I know what I've been told \ You got to work to feed the soul \ But I can't do this all on my own \ No, I know, I'm no Superman \ I'm no Superman

You've got your love online \ You think you're doing fine \ But you're just plugged into the wall \ And that deck of tarot cards \ Won't get you very far \ There ain't no hand to break your fall

Well I know what I've been told \ You gotta know just when to fold \ But I can't do this all on my own \ No, I know, I'm no Superman \ I'm no Superman

That's right

You've crossed the finish line \ Won the race but lost your mind \ Was it worth it after all \ I need you here with me \ Cause love is all we need \ Just take a hold of the hand that breaks the fall

Well I know what I've been told \ Gotta break free to break the mold \ But I can't do this all on my own \ No I can't do this all on my own \ I know that I'm no Superman \ I'm no Superman \

I'm no Superman \ Someday we'll be together

No comments: