Thursday, May 1, 2008

Five O'Clock World

Somehow the people dancing sence in the MV of "Feist 1234" which I just posted really reminds me the opener of Drew Carey Show - "Five O'Clock World".

Geez, I really love that show, although after Kate left the show, it was not as good as it used to be.

Five O'Clock World


Up every mornin just to keep a job \ I gotta fight my way through the hustling mob \ Sounds of the city poundin in my brain \ While another day goes down the drain

But its a five o'clock world when the whistle blows \ No one owns a piece of my time \ And theres a five oclock me inside my clothes \ Thinkin that the world looks fine, yeah

Tradin my time for the pay I get \ Livin on money that I aint made yet \ Ive been goin tryin to make my way \ While I live for the end of the day

Cuz its a five o'clock world when the whistle blows \ No one owns a piece of my time, and \ Theres a long-haired girl who waits, I know \ To ease my troubled mind, yeah \ oh my lady, yeah \ oh my lady, yeah

In the shelter of her arms everythings OK \ When she talks then the world goes slippin away \ And I know the reason I can still go on \ When every other reason is gone,

In my five o'clock world she waits for me \ Nothing else matters at all \ Cuz every time my baby smiles at me \ I know thats its all worthwhile, \ yeah oh my lady, yeah oh my lady, yeah, fade........

No comments: